Daybreak

Daybreak. The Dawn. Sunrise.

If I do the math, I have had the opportunity to see over 20,000 sunrises. So why does it still enchant me everyday as if something new is happening just for me?

The sun rises over the entire world every single day. How many of us actually experience it?

I took this picture this morning from by bathroom window.

It is glorious! Exploding hues of red are attempting to break into the clouds who only wish to bring snow to our chilly landscape. An hour later the sun can still not be seen, but light is everywhere and the night vanquished. Another day.

So how does something that has happened 20,000 times still thrill me? In fact it thrills me more now than when I was young.

Endless variables + slowness of life = the chance for wonder

I think that is the math I would like to do for the rest of my days. Math that assumes God is wooing me, he is crazy about me and he likes to show off a bit! (Perhaps a lot!)

This explosion of red hues lasted less than 5 minutes. I almost missed it because I was looking at my phone. Afterwards I was prompted to apologize for my willingness to accept mild humor over glory.

How else would you describe this picture? It is simply glorious!

We are immersed in beauty my friend. Are you moving slow enough to experience it?

I hope so.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

When I was young . . .

Hummingbirds

A lesson from a leaf